One of the problems with many respiratory hazards (such as fumes or gases) is that employees cannot easily "see" them. Even more visible hazards, such as dusts, are often accepted as part of a "normal" work environment. As a result, many respiratory problems only become clearly evident well after the original exposure. Yet once they occur, most respiratory problems are "chronic" and long lasting. To further protect employees from these hazards, both OSHA and NIOSH have issued changes to their respiratory protection requirements.
MARCOMs training products on "Respiratory Protection and Safety" have been specifically created to assist facilities in complying with OSHAs Respiratory Standard. Topics covered in these products include:
Available in Several Formats:
- How the respiratory system works.
- Common types and causes of respiratory hazards.
- Potential effects of respiratory hazards.
- Good respiratory safety practices.
- Respiratory safety equipment.
- OSHAs Assigned Protection Factors for respirators.
- Fit testing protocols.
- Cleaning/disinfecting procedures.
- and more.
MARCOM's video programs provide all the information that is needed for a comprehensive employee training session. Programs come with an easy-to-use leader's guide, scheduling and attendance forms, employee quiz and training certificate. Available in English and Spanish. Runtime: 24 minutes.
- MARCOM's DVD programs provide all the information that is needed for a comprehensive employee training session. Programs come with an easy-to-use leader's guide, scheduling and attendance forms, employee quiz and training certificate. DVDs are subtitled and allow the course to be played from beginning to end or by section, and are indexed so that sections can be accessed in any order. Available in English and Spanish. Runtime: 24 minutes.
Safety Meeting Kits (Video or DVD format)- MARCOM's Safety Meeting Kits provide all of the materials needed to promote and conduct a safety meeting. Each Kit contains a video or DVD program, 5 posters and 30 booklets. Video & DVD kits come with an easy-to-use leader's guide, scheduling and attendance forms, and an employee quiz. Available in English and Spanish. Runtime: 24 minutes
CD-ROM- Using a powerful combination of audio, full-motion video, text and colorful graphics, this course from the Interactive CD-ROM Training Library provides the most cost-effective training available today. The course features platform software which installs automatically, and comprehensive user's and trainer's guides. The course takes about 45 minutes to complete (depending on the employee), and is divided into a number of logical sections so information is easily understood... and retained. Courseworks: Also designed with the training manager in mind, all courses in the Interactive CD-ROM Training Library come with CourseWorks, a complete learning management system (LMS) at no additional cost (see "Extended Information" below). Over 100 titles currently available in the Interactive CD-ROM Training Library. Other interactive courses on safety and regulatory compliance topics (including Spanish language courses) are currently being developed and will be available soon. Available in English and Spanish